Lynne D. Shelton, Esq. has assisted businesses with their franchise and business opportunities since 1993. As a past franchisor herself, Ms. Shelton understands the needs and growth pains of her clients. After successfully negotiating and concluding the transaction for their 783 Franchisee, franchise system, Mr. and Mrs. Shelton opened a boutique business consulting firm in order to provide advice to those similarly involved in startup and emerging businesses.
While Ms. Shelton has represented both Franchisor as well as Prospective Franchisee, her specialty is in the area of providing experienced counsel for Startup and Emerging Franchisor’s who wish to establish or grow into a Regional, or National Franchise System. Ms. Shelton’s area of expertise transverses many different industries including restaurants, financial systems, construction, interior design, mining, senior care, and service industries including painting, installation, heating and air-conditioning. Ms. Shelton is the Senior Attorney in our Austin, TX office.
- How to Buy a Franchise with your Retirement Funds, (2010)
- Master Franchising – What is it?, www.WhichFranchise.com (2010)
- Protecting the Soft Underbelly of Globalization, Trans. Law J., accepted for publication, Spring 2008
- The Ebb and Flow of the United States Coast Guard, Military Law J., accepted for publication, Winter 2007
Speaking Engagements and Presentations
Various Franchising shows/events including the National Event Franchise and Business Opportunities Expos and the International Franchise Expos. Annually, these could include St. Louis, Missouri; Denver, Colorado; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Phoenix, Arizona; Los Angeles, California; Washington, DC; Raleigh, NC; and Miami, Florida; Mokopane, South Africa, or others.
- Barry University School of Law, Orlando, FL, Juris Doctor, May 2008
- University of Phoenix, Las Vegas, NV GPA: 3.93; summa cum laude Master of Organizational Management, emphasis in Global Management May 2005
- University of Phoenix, Reno, NV, GPA: 3.87; magna cum laude Bachelor of Science in Business Management May 2003
- Thomson University Paralegal degree May 2006
- State Bar of Texas, Bar # 24066502
- FL Supreme Court Certified County Mediator
- Advanced Trial Advocacy Team President; Secretary
- Christian Legal Society Vice-President; Secretary/Treasurer
- AAJ (Formerly American Trial Lawyers Association), Treasurer
Honors and Distinctions
- First Chair Advocate for Four National Trial Competitions
- Mitch Frank Advocacy Trial Competition winner
- Certified LexisNexis Advanced User
- Certified Westlaw Advanced User
Ms. Shelton has represented business infrastructures and a consultant capacity for over 20 years. Ms. Shelton has coached clientele in various industries from gold mining entities to high-end home interior designers. “It is this diversity of knowledge that benefits my franchise clients, …I can truly relate to many different industries. And I take the time to learn about all my clients businesses. That is why I travel to them for the Executive Meeting, so I can see the business and them in their environment.”